Thursday 23 August 2012

Waiting for someone to walk with






Walking the boundary lines









video taken by Wahj Jamjoom.






" I noticed rain and traffic and bells so I looked at the bell tower and then I noticed a building I hadn't seen before, so what is the point?"

A very valid question put to me by a lady from the 1pm soundwalk.
I think she answered her own question.





There is something wonderful in the methodical ritual of walking, in these instances, walking silently in the presence of those experiencing your own work. The presence of the artist in the sounds filling the user's head, and the silent presence of the artist walking with the viewer. I wonder who is getting more from this exchange.




Soundwalks continue:

Friday 24th August at 5pm

Saturday 25th August at 4pm


I will also be available during the day on Saturday for unscheduled walks.














No comments:

Post a Comment